As with all years, things just get bigger. Bigger joy, bigger disapointment. 2001 was no different. So then, I suppose a month by month analysis is in order. Actually, that seems rather dull. So then, the good, the bad, and well the ugly (maybe).
- I got a 2.1 with Honours in Software Engineering
- I went to Alton Towers to celebrate end of Uni
- I built my own computer, from scratch and got it to work.
- Lord of The Rings
- PS2 & GameBoy Advance
- Actually enjoy going out to the pub n stuff
- Made my own LAN at home
- I’ve got better at Q3
- LSR won the league in BWQ3DML
- LSR got our own Q3 Server
- I got a hamster called Ryo-oki
- The Dreamcast was officially cancelled
- This years ECTS sucked big time
- The|ecronom had bad times in May due to hosting problems.
- Finished Uni
- September 11
- The|ecronom officialy closed (died?) in November.
- No jobs for a web designer, even one with skills
I think that’s the main lot. Things changed a bit this year. At the begining where there were 5, now there are 3. And where there were 4, now there are 3. I don’t feel this is the place to dicuss those matters, as it is not something open for discussion. It simply is. Even as bad and as painful as it is, it is.
The|ecronom, once a great website created by me died. You can see it in the numbers. Hits just went down and down. I tried to liven things up a bit with a complete relaunch, using a great backend system but that just made things worse. A terrible year for the site. In May it died. The host just died on us. To make things worse I was taking my last ever exams at uni. It really didn’t help to think that while taking those exams, my site was just dying and there was nothing I could do to change that. I just had to work.
I don’t regret anything that’s happend this year. There’s no point. It happened, I am where I am. I have what I need to go further in life, which is 2002. 2002 will again be a year of bigger. Its possible I could leave home and go live in some strange part of the UK. Its also possible I could end up working in Tescos staking shelves.
It’s funny really. While I don’t regret the past, I do dwell on it too much. I suppose theres only one thing I regret. Yes, it is that. That bag of narbles I keep wrapped up in a little dark corner. Thats the one. Other than that…nuffin.
Anyway, the last few hours are upon me. Here’s a run down (chart style) of my top tunes in 2001. The top 20 are actually ordered, the rest after that aren’t. As you can see, Linkin Park – In The End is my fave track. Quite fitting for the date today, and for many things that happened this year.
- Linkin Park – In The End
- Linkin Park – Paper Cut
- ROGER SANCHEZ – Another Chance (original edit)
- Linkin Park – Crawlin
- Linkin Park – Forgotten
- BT – Godspeed (Brothers In Rhythm)
- Chicane – Saltwater -Thrillseekers Remix
- Daft punk – one more time (celebrate)
- Feeder – Just A Day
- Electrasy – Cosmic Castaway
- Metallica – No Leaf Cover.mp3
- Face2Face – I Wont Lie Down
- Static Revenger – Happy People (Original Mix)
- Limp Bizkit – My Way
- Limp Bizkit – Break Stuff
- Dave Seaman – Porcelain
- Fatboy Slim – Ya Mamma
- Wheatus – Teenage Dirtbag
- Linkin Park – One Step Closer
- BT – Dreaming
- BT – Flaming June (Chicane Remix)
- BT – Godspeed
- BT – Never Gonna Come Back Down
- Chicane – Offshore
- BT – Satellite
- Daft punk – Aerodynamic
- Daft Punk – Digital love
- Destiny’s Child – Independent Woman Part I
- Faithless – God Is A DJ
- Fatboy Slim – Love Island
- Fatboy Slim – Renegade Master
- Fatboy Slim – Star 69
- Fatboy Slim – Sunset (Bird Of Prey)
- Fatboy Slim – Weapon of Choice
- Feeder – Buck Rogers
- Feeder – Seven Days in the Sun
- Garbage – Androgyny
- Garbage – Parade
- Limp Bizkit – My Generation
- Limp Bizkit – Rollin (Radio Edit)
- Linkin Park – A Place for My Head
- Linkin Park – By MySelf
- Linkin Park – My December
- Linkin Park – Point Of Authority
- Linkin Park – Runaway
- Linkin Park – With You
- Lit – Over My Head
- Markus Nikolai – Bushes (Norman Cook Remix)
- Michael Jackson – You Rock My World
- Sum 41 – Fat Lip
- The Thrillseekers feat. Sheryl – Steve Helstrips’ Essential Mix
- Titan AE – The Urge – It’s My Turn To Fly
- BT – Dreaming (Album Mix)
Well, have a good night everyone. Happy New Year…roll on 2002!